Lingual braces are an innovative take on traditional fixed braces. They work in a similar way, but with one important difference – the brackets are fitted to the inside of your teeth, completely hidden from sight.
As per conventional fixed braces, lingual braces apply gentle, continuous pressure on your teeth that slowly shifts them into a more aesthetically pleasing position.
The Incognito™ lingual brace features custom-made cast-gold brackets that deliver maximum control and precision, whilst also offering minimum visibility. They have a unique design and fit that is achieved by the bracket bases being contoured to hug the lingual surface of your teeth. Even the archwire is custom made and specifically programmed with your unique prescription to ensure effective and efficient tooth movement. Being custom-made ensures your brackets fit your teeth perfectly, resulting in maximum control and comfort.
At your appointment at Sonria, the first step is to take precise impressions of your teeth, that will be used to create an accurate plaster model of you teeth to, consequently, create your custom, tailor-made brackets. A custom designed archwire, which is manufactured using a special robot, is precisely bent according to the patient’s needs and treatment goals in order to achieve the required result and fitted perfectly to the brackets. Finally, the completed braces are fitted to the inside of the teeth, making them virtually invisible from the outside.
Incognito braces are ideal for treating mild to complex cases, including common problems such as crowded or crooked teeth, spacing, protruding teeth, and teeth that do not bite together correctly.
Treatment times vary between 18-36 months, depending on the severity of a patient’s overcrowding of teeth of their bite.
Advantages of Incognito™ lingual braces:
- Ultra inconspicuous as they are completely hidden behind your teeth.
- Custom-made giving us maximum control for precise results.
- Suitable for treating even the most complex cases, and all age groupd.
- No risk of decalcification and visible white spots on the front of your teeth by the end of your treatment.
- Perfect for nickel allergy sufferers, thanks to their gold alloy brackets.
- Incognito brackets are shaped to minimise any potential speech problems or discomfort.
- Because brackets and wires do not disguise your smile, you can see the progress of treatment.