Air Polishing is a simple and painless dental hygienist treatment that has been developed to help keep your teeth clean and white. The procedure utilises a fine jet of compressed air, water, and fine powder particles to gently and completely remove staining caused by tea, coffee, red wine, and tobacco, as well as staining caused by some mouthwashes. Although it’s a very simple technique it’s also very effective. The combination of the pressurised jet of air, water and powder works to remove stains, plaque, as well as anything else that may have become trapped between teeth, such as pieces of food.
Why opt for Air Polishing?
- Over three times faster at removing stains and plaque than traditional methods.
- Improved access to difficult-to-reach areas.
- Reduces teeth sensitivity due to the lack of direct contact and the absence of heat and vibration, as well as the tiny micro particles filling exposed dentine tubules.
- Encourages the re-mineralisation of damaged teeth.
- Removes up to 100% of dental plaque, helping prevent decay, gingivitis, and periodontitis.
- Can be used on dental implants.
- No contact with teeth, or pressure against them.