Statement of purpose
Sonria Dental Clinic Limited aims to provide patients with a standard of care we would expect to receive ourselves. Our goals are:
- To promote good and preventative oral health.
- Communicate with our patients in a friendly, open and professional manner.
- Keep our knowledge and skills up to date.
- Abide by the most recent standards of cross infection control.
- Make our complaints procedure known and available.
Aims and objectives:
Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- To provide a high quality range of dental services to the community, including dental consultations, X-Rays, routine restorative work, endodontics, treatment of periodontal disease, prostheses, cosmetic work and oral health education.
- To explain the diagnosis to patients in detail, discussing with them radiographs and pictures, where particular attention should be given. Also to discuss any necessary action, treatment options, costs, risks and advice. Always to listen and act on patient views and opinions.
- To ensure that patients receive full information about our services by discussing treatment progress at each stage.
- To keep patients well-informed of costs and to obtain relevant informed consent.
- To establish an individually-developed personal health regime for each patient to meet their dental care needs and to aim for a high level of oral health and preventative action.
- To involve other professionals in the care of our patients where this is in the individual’s interests. For example, referral for specialist care and advice such as Orthodontist, Periodontist, Endodontist, Oral Medicine,
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure that all members of our team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently and with confidence.
- To ensure awareness, among all staff, of current national guidelines affecting the way we care for our patients.
- Surgical procedures
- To provide detailed information and explanations to patients where a surgical procedure is necessary including risks, possible side effects and alternative options, etc.
- To obtain valid consent for all surgical procedures carried out at the Practice.
- To monitor patient progress, post-procedure, by following clinical protocol to ensure full recovery and minimise risks.
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- To arrange and agree appointments and review these within appropriate personal timeframes.
- To undergo a complete and detailed examination of the patient’s oral health with help from relevant diagnostic equipment, taking into account relevant medical history.
- To inform patients of the results of such diagnostic and screening procedures with a view to discussing possible treatment options.
By meeting all of the above Aims and Objectives, we hope to provide the opportunity for patients to fully participate in their oral healthcare in a safe and supportive environment. The patient’s wishes and best interests will always be at the centre of our treatment planning process.
We will actively seek patient feedback to ensure our services meet patients’ needs and expectations.